TOEFL Reading :
- Time is of the quintessence with regards to the TOEFL.In fact, all other things being equal, good timing and the ability to make or break one’s TOEFL score is needed. Reading comprehension often involves questions where students must be familiar with antonym and synonym.
- Having reading speed between 200-250 words per minute will boost the candidate to execute well. Have practiced extensive reading for 45 minutes a day for several months will make the candidate score more scores.
- Having a working knowledge of about 2,000 college level vocabulary words and good test-taking reading strategies like by using the line numbering is additional to boost the score.
- To make reading short and simple, candidates can first go through the questions they have to answer. Skipping directly to the questions will make reading easy and examinees can highlight areas from where most questions originate and identify the keywords.
TOEFL Listening :
- The number one TOEFL Listening tip is, unsurprisingly, to listen to English lectures and talks regularly. The more they listen to English lectures , the better their listening skill will become easier.
- It will also help them down the line if they practice listening to different accents while they’re studying. The TOEFL Listening test will incorporate something like one local speaker English pronunciation outside of North American intonations.
- This is done to help the students in preparing for the variety of English accents they’ll likely come across in the real world.
- Taking complete practice of TOEFL listening tests, a full Listening section is of four lectures and two conversations.Put aside time to take this area at the same time, without any breaks and no diversions, much the same as on the genuine TOEFL. Doing this will help them become familiar with the length and pacing of the Listening section before test day.
- Getting the habit of taking notes regularly, even if they have great English skills and usually remember the things they hear in English, they should still takes notes during the Listening section to enhance the accuracy of the correct answers.
TOEFL Speaking :
- Academic vocabulary must be built systematically. Developing a wordlist with new words and devote time to learn those words and include them in speaking and writing practice systematically is always a need in TOEFL. Thinking aloud is a good strategy. Give voice to one’s thoughts and reproduce the thoughts in loud English speech.
- Improving in fluency by using idioms and phrases appropriately.Using appropriate signal and linking wordsto switch between ideas, to add information, etc. that help the listener to follow their thoughts.
- Practicing in organizing speech. In TOEFL IBT, students are given short time to think what they want to say to answer the question. They should use the time to think of a layout to follow during their speech.
- Practicing speaking by recordingand listening it again with time limits to find where they did well and where they did not do well will lead them towards a good level of self-correction. Listening to their past recordings and comparing them with the new ones will make them improve and know where they lack.
TOEFL Writing :
- Practise writing in English on a computer keyboard.There is no other way in TOEFL IBT than typing their response, so practicing on keyboard will help a lot.
- Being time effective: at the beginning of their practice they may not comply with the time for the particular writing task. However, the other time when they write, they’ll try to get closer to the time requirement for this task.
- Learning the essay structure very welland following this structure closely in their practice and in their real exam. The essay is included three parts: Introduction, body and end. Each component has its important features.
- Learn to use transition words/connectors (linking) to switch between different ideas, add information, provide examples, compare points, etc. A few connectors are furthermore, in addition, for example, for instance, on the other hand, to sum up, first, second, etc.
- Do not extend one’s writingwell above 300 words for the independent task. For the integrated task it is important that one must write between 150 and 225 words.